Wednesday, July 04, 2007

My training hits a snag

I showed up t the airport on June 13th like planned but just before I walked out to pre-flight the plane, my instructor and I were informed that after 47 years of operation the Ft. Lewis flying club was shutting down.

After talking about this a little and trying to figure out what was in our future, we both decided that we just didn't feel like flying that day.

The club will remain open until September 15th 2007 and they have reduced their prices in an effort to keep the students they have.

The price change will allow me to squeeze in a couple more lessons than I could have before the doors are locked on us but I'm still too far from getting my PPL to finish before they shut down.

I spent a couple of weeks in the field for gunnery in my M1A1 tank so I had some time to think about what to do about this situation.

Most of the clubs are a either little out of my price range or just too far away to fit my work schedule.

I might try to pick up one of the planes from the club after they close but I'm not sure what the Army plans on doing with them.

THIS SUCKS!



No comments:


AVIATION TOP 100 - www.avitop.com Avitop.com