Sunday, July 10, 2011

Seaplanes on Lake Spenard Alaska

I was out and about today so I thought that I would swing by Lake Spenard and watch some seaplanes do their thing.

For those of you that don't know, Lake Spenard and Lake Hood are joined by a canal and form one of if not the largest seaplane base in the world. They average 190 takes off a day according to Airnav.com and has a 10 year waiting list for a spot to park your seaplane.

I hope you enjoy the video, its only a couple of minutes and was filmed from my camera phone but I enjoyed my time watching the show and thought you might like to see some of it as well.

Fly safe!

3 comments:

Emma said...

Great blog!! Please check out our sites as well:

http://www.pjsgroup.com/index.php

http://privatejetgroup.com/

Thank you! Look forward to reading more!!

Please contactwith any questions:
Emma Bailey
emma.bailey@pjsgroup.com
603-760-0031

CARs Deluxe said...

We get a lot of seaplane traffic down in Vancouver as well. We may not see that same daily volume as the industry is prominently travelers and sightseers here, but it is neat to see the industry thriving and makes for an interesting culture in the area.

Jason said...

Cool blog, thanks for sharing


AVIATION TOP 100 - www.avitop.com Avitop.com